VMware Cloud Community
JeanChristopheD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to speed up action call from vRA ?

Hi,

I'm currently working with vRealize Automation 7.4.0 and vRealize Orchestrator 7.4.0 and try to understand why makes any call from vRA to vRO action that has a parameter taking between 1.5 to 2 seconds.

On action side, it just returns the sent element, so no compute time involved.

Is-there anything that can be tuned to speed up the exchanges between vRA and vRO and improve user experience ?

Thanks for your ideas !

Tags (2)
2 Replies
ymichalak
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You are my FRIEND .........................:smileylaugh:

https://communities.vmware.com/thread/591649

0 Kudos
JeanChristopheD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I tried another approach : having a check before calling an action in order to avoid useless action calls if for instance a mandatory value used as argument is not set.

I found that in the workflow presentation layer of vRO it was possible to use a test as a valid OGNL input as far as it matches the syntax :

test ? actionIfTrue : actionIfFalse

pastedImage_0.png

Idea behind this is not to call the action until environment has a correct value.

But once imported in vRA, the YAML dump of the Xaas seems empty at the place where the link with the action call was expected to be as if vRA was not supporting this.

In fact permissibleValues and permissibleValuesContext tags are just not there as if the link has been broken during the import.

Does some knows a way to block on vRA side an action call until some argument has a correct values in order not to "waste" time in action calls from vRA to vRO that have no chance of gathering something ?

Thanks for your ideas !

0 Kudos