VMware Cloud Community
CNIntegMB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Troubleshooting Log Insight

Yeah I know... LI is supposed to be a troubleshooting tool but now it's the one causing me grief Smiley Happy

We have a 3 VM cluster (Master/2 workers) and this morning the UI wouldn't allow us to login. So we decided to reboot the 3 VMs. Result? UI won't even come up anymore. The ILB Virtual IP doesn't ping, so the cluster is down. I can't find any resources to troubleshoot the ILB that doesn't use the GUI!

I reached out to our TAM and opened a case with VMware but in the meantime I'd like to see if we can get some assistance from the community. I will post resolution once it's fixed.

- How can I check if the ILB is running? I did an IFCONFIG and I see the main IP but no virtual IP. I think that's the source of the problem...

Note: Also noticed that the data-core volume was 100% full so I added a new volume and now we're at 53% used.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CNIntegMB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well, it was simple. Out of disk space on all 3... I had fixed the Master, didn't bother with the Workers since the Loginsight service was running (it was failing on the master)... I added capacity and rebooted them all and it all came back to life.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CNIntegMB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well, it was simple. Out of disk space on all 3... I had fixed the Master, didn't bother with the Workers since the Loginsight service was running (it was failing on the master)... I added capacity and rebooted them all and it all came back to life.

0 Kudos