VMware Cloud Community
cintrh
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to connect to the requested VDP Applicance

-1down votefavorite

I'm having a problem connecting vcenter 5.5 to data protection 6.1 (maybe using data protection from version 6.0). Installation took place from a file that was downloaded from the official site (with the extension of ova). During the installation, no problems were found. Also, the correct time zone was selected and forward and reverse entries on the dns server were added. Having entered the web interface you can see the appeared plug-in for data protection, and in the data protection tab in the output menu you see the installed data protection 6.1. If you click the connect button, the error "Unable to connect to the requested VDP Appliance" appears in a few minutes. Would you like to be directed to the VDP Configuration utility to troubleshoot the issue? "

Снимок1.PNG

Earlier, data protection 5.6 was apparently installed, but it was deleted. Now, at times, the plugins are incorrectly displayed, as shown in the picture

Снимок2.PNG

Problems with capacity are not present, as looking at the manufacturer's site in the matrix compatibility of products vcenter and data protection, compatibility problems were not found. In knoweledge base vmware there is a similar theme, but there the problem resolved itself after the host reboot (vcenter, data protection, domain controller).

Errors from /vdr-server.log

2018-07-16 03:09:15,427 ERROR [Thread-6]-vi.ViJavaServiceInstanceProviderImpl: Failed To Create ViJava ServiceInstance

2018-07-16 03:09:20,464 ERROR [Thread-6]-vi.ViJavaServiceInstanceProviderImpl: Failed To Create ViJava ServiceInstance

2018-07-16 03:09:25,534 ERROR [Thread-6]-vi.ViJavaServiceInstanceProviderImpl: Failed To Create ViJava ServiceInstance

2018-07-16 03:09:30,918 ERROR [Thread-6]-vi.ViJavaServiceInstanceProviderImpl: Failed To Create ViJava ServiceInstance

2018-07-16 03:09:35,953 ERROR [Thread-6]-vi.ViJavaServiceInstanceProviderImpl: Failed To Create ViJava ServiceInstance

2018-07-16 03:09:40,984 ERROR [Thread-6]-vi.ViJavaServiceInstanceProviderImpl: Failed To Create ViJava ServiceInstance

2018-07-16 10:12:49,984 ERROR [Timer_vc]-vi.VCenterEventProcessor: collectEvents.processChainedEvents java.lang.RuntimeException - java.rmi.RemoteException: VI SDK invoke exception:com.vmware.vim25.ManagedObjectNotFound; nested exception is:

2018-07-16 10:35:32,856 ERROR [Timer_vc]-vi.VCenterEventProcessor: collectEvents.processChainedEvents java.lang.RuntimeException - java.rmi.RemoteException: VI SDK invoke exception:com.vmware.vim25.ManagedObjectNotFound; nested exception is:

2018-07-16 10:42:44,556 ERROR [localhost-startStop-2]-server.TimerTaskManager: Error shutting down alarm timer

2018-07-16 18:51:05,931 ERROR [Timer_vc]-vi.VCenterEventProcessor: collectEvents.processChainedEvents java.lang.RuntimeException - java.rmi.RemoteException: VI SDK invoke exception:com.vmware.vim25.ManagedObjectNotFound; nested exception is:

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

VDP is EoA and so I'd recommend not even bothering. You probably shouldn't be attempting any new installs of dead software at this point.

cintrh
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information, we will plan the purchase of a new software. However, the decision using VDP should still be completed. We have EMC Data Domain and the task is to integrate Data Domain and Data protection to download backups to the data domain using data protection + ddboost. There is no way to use Networker, due to the limited number of licenses. Intervention data protection and data domain is available, starting with version 6.0.

On the testbed used exactly the same versions of esxi, vcenter and data protection, there were no problems.

Now we are looking in the direction of reinstalling the vcenter, but I would not like to do it.

If you have ideas on what else you can pay attention, then tell me. I will be grateful.

0 Kudos