VMware Horizon Community
prashantbhushan
Contributor
Contributor

How to Test Client Drive Redirection using UEM for Horizon VDI

Hi,

I am looking for validation the client drive redirection on the VDI Desktop using UEM.

Anyone have the steps to verify this? I have done all the UEM settings with shared folder creation and GPO settings to UEM templates from Windows AD.

I though of below steps. Please let me know if any additions to this.

From UEM console, have to create smart policy to Disable/Enable client drive redirection with condition setting to certain members.

After this have to share folder from Horizon client preferences tab.

Need to check the same with login into VDI desktop with users mentioned in the condition and check the drives.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi prashantbhushan,

UEM's Smart Policies configuration for client drive redirection only provides configuration for the client drive redirection component in the Horizon agent. I would suggest first getting client drive redirection to work within Horizon without any UEM configuration, and once that works, use UEM to limit or tweak it as you describe.

0 Kudos
prashantbhushan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, i tested that without UEM configuration and i am able to see shared folder from client desktop as a drive in VDI desktop.

Does UEM policy overrides the sharing settings?

Are Steps mentioned by me are correct or any more settings have to do?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi prashantbhushan,

OK, if drive redirection is working correctly you can use UEM Smart Policies to disable client drive redirection or make it read-only.

No other configuration is necessary, unless you previously created Group Policy settings to control the behavior of client drive redirection. In that case, you would have to remove that GPO if you want to control everything through UEM.

0 Kudos
prashantbhushan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification.

I am able to test that. For smart policy, there is one more feature of PCoIP bandwidth profile.

How can we test that? I have GPU enabled on master template and desktops will be deployed with NVIDIA graphics.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi prashantbhushan,

Maybe the performance counters for PCoIP can help with that? Otherwise, I'd suggest to ask in the Horizon forum.

0 Kudos