i had a working powerhsell host connection from my vRO 7.3.1 to the W2K12R2 server where i have configured WinRM. Now i wanted to do some tests and saw in the Inventory of the vRO that the Powershell Host SnapIns (Microsoft.Powershell.Core) has a problem: Error in plugin.
- ch.dunes.util.DunesServerException: Unable to execute 'fetchRelation' for type : PowerShellSnapIn : com.vmware.o11n.plugin.powershell.model.PowerShellException: Unable to resolve Cmdlet definitions. connect timed out
The funny thing is that it was working before - so that i can say the WinRM Config should be ok?! Also there were no changes on the vRO. Any idea how i should start to troubleshoot?
My first steps:
1. curl from vro (vm appliance) to powershell host (w2k12r2) on port 5986 - result: accepted
2. Checking the Firewall on Powershell Host - result: WinRM HTTPS/HTTP ruel is created
3. Checking winrm configs and certificate - result: looks good
4. On vRO: Removed the Powershell Host and executed the workflow "add a powershell host" - result: succesfully added
5. In vRO: checked the Powershell host plugin in the inventory - result: still the same issue Error in plugin"
6. in vRO: Executed update a powershell host workflow - result: succesfully but still same issue error in plugin
7. Some minutes later tried again to execute the wf "update a powershell host": result: failed,
[2018-07-11 08:50:38.316] [E] Workflow execution stack:
item: 'Update a PowerShell host/item12', state: 'failed', business state: 'null', exception: 'connect timed out (Dynamic Script Module name : updatePowerShellHost#23)'
workflow: 'Update a PowerShell host' (EF8180808080808080808080808080804980808001270557368849c62c352aa82)
It looks really weired sometimes adding or updating the powershell host works and sometimes it´s failing with the error postet in point 7.
Firewall cannot be the problem, also the host firewall on the powershell host is not activated. and the winrm has been configured like described in the vmware or technet guides.
Any idea how to fix that?