VMware Cloud Community
santunez2275
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Logs VRA 7.4.0

Hello Guys

I check VRA 7.4.0 and the LOg show many messages with the following messages

Exception occured when retrieving work item from Manager Service:

An error occurred while making the HTTP request to https://url/VMPS2Proxy. This could be due to the fact that the server certificate is not configured properly with HTTP.SYS in the HTTPS case. This could also be caused by a mismatch of the security binding between the client and the server.

Inner Exception: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

The environment is in HA with VRA version 7.4.0

I search information but without results.

Is possible your help or comment?

Regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
11 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Is this a new vRA installation where you're seeing this message, or was it fine and then you began seeing this after some event?

0 Kudos
santunez2275
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello

Is a new installation. The installation is in HA. Now all services in VAMI show Registered.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
5mall5nail5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you ever get this resolved?  I have a new 7.4.0 HA deploy I am testing with and am also getting these errors after rebooting the Virtual Appliances.

I actually just figured it out - the manager IaaS servers flip flopped and vRA decided to make what was the passive node the active node, and vice versa.  NSX has one of the nodes in disable per the docs

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

As far as I recall, none of the manager nodes should be in a disabled state in the pool. Health checks should be on. Failover should be automatic.

0 Kudos
5mall5nail5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here's the confusing part right from the load balancing docs (page 7):

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Yeah, I don't know why it uses that language. It should most certainly not be disabled in the pool, but correct that it should show down. This is by design as it's an Active-Passive system.

0 Kudos
5mall5nail5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When you say "should show down" - where do you reference that from?  Within the vRA cluster info it shows "passive" and services running.  Do you mean in the NSX Edge Notifications area?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

In your load balancer the real node for the passive manager should show down. If it doesn't show down, then something is wrong with your health checks (or you aren't using them which is also bad).

0 Kudos
5mall5nail5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Oh - yes, it does show down but I also currently have the inactive node "disabled" in the pool... because of that confusing entry in the documentation lol

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Enable the node and you're good Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
willglenn3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I know this post is is a year old now, but was there ever a definitive resolution to this? I have both vRA manager servers in the NSX L\B pool enabled, I configured automatic failover in the vRA appliance, and I see in the VAMI that the 1st manager server is showing active, and the 2nd manager server is passive. If I take the active server down, the 2nd server never goes active and I start to see the error in the logs. Additional from the error described here, if I check the Windows security event logs I see audit failures that state that Windows Filtering Platform denied the connection, and in the vRA VAMI certificate page "SSL routines: ssl23_write:ssl handshake failure: s23_lib.c:177:"

0 Kudos