You need to move this to the vRealize Operations forum.
I've moved it.
Sorry about that.
2 people found this helpful
There is already one out of the box but as always clone the symptom and alert definition then modify the alert definition and replace the symptom with your cloned one
- Clone symptom and alert definition
- Modify the alert definition and replace the symptom with your cloned one
- Disable the original one in your policy ( Symptom and Alert)
- Make sure yours is enabled
- In administration go to management and configure the outbound settings for you email server
- under alerts configure you notification settings to send the alerts to the mail connection created in point 5
You can do these as you wish but i created multiple notification settings and based the notification trigger on alert type/subtype
When creating the alert i selected the subtype
Then created the notification settings to send any host alerts that have a sub type of the above. That way when i create any host alerts that are Virtualization/Hypervisor Performance Alerts they will auto trigger.
The OOTB symptom is
Host disconnected from vCenter
Alert definition is
Host has lost connection to vCenter Server
if you have any problems with any step just ask
Thank you for the reply. Thanks for all the details and screenshots.
I will give it try and let you know.