VMware Horizon Community
ChrisC6
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon View Client Connection to Remote Computer Ended Error

In Horizon View Admin I have a desktop pool with 15 Machines assigned, with entitlements setup

The pool is a floating/non persistent pool, pointed at the correct Parent VM and Snapshot image..

However when a user connects to the pool they are prompted with a Connection to the remote computer ended window

here is the events of the users trying to get access in view admin

Connection Server   |   User domain\bob requested Pool TestNPPool

Connection Server   |   User domain\bob requested Pool TestNPPool

Agent                       |    The agent running on machine VDImachine has accepted an allocated session for user domain

Agent                      |   The pending session on machine VDImachine for user domain\bob has expired

This only seemed to have happened recently, as the pool was made for some time without any issues

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
4 Replies
techguy129
Expert
Expert

Review the horizon agent logs on your VM for more insight into your issue. If its failing like that their is either an authentication, connection or login issue.

0 Kudos
BC559
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My guess would be ports are not opened / being blocked. You would be able to authenticate :443 but the display protocol is dropped.

Try to telnet to :4172 (PCoIP) or :8443 (BLAST) on the connection broker if internal or the Security Server / UAG if external

*Do this for all the possible servers you could potentially connect to.

This will validate that the display ports are opened.

0 Kudos
ChrisC6
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Would this be the same case if only one user has issues connecting to the pool..

Other users are connecting to the pool, but when this one user tries he gets "The connection to the remote computer ended"

Thanks

0 Kudos
BC559
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If it is just one person it is more likely a firewall or something on the network the customer is connecredit to blocking one of the display ports.

I would also also validate their client version for good measure.

When I have seen this with only a specific subset of customer it was usually when they were on a corporate network that only allowed standard :80 & :443 traffic  so customers would authenticate but the display protocols would drop.

As a caveat the only other thing I can think off the top of my head is if you are using Security Gateways behind a load balancer and the session persistance is not working you could theoretically authenticate through ‘Security Gateway A’ and when you launch a Desktop the load balancer could send you to ’Security Gateway B’. You would be dropped because your authentication wasn‘t brokered through the same Security Server you are try to launch a Desktop through.

All that being said if this were the scenario it would likely manifest itself to more customers unless this customer has something unique about there connlectionary like they are connecting via mobile hotspot that uses Multi Source Proxying (MSP) that your load balancer can’t handle. Some carriers use MSP in which they send all :80 through one Proxy, :443 through a second proxy and a third proxy for all other traffic. I had a case where this was the issue it was a PITA To figure out. You would likely see error messages from customers with something along the lines of Unable to resolve proxying route for request.

You can can search the logs for the session ID on multiple connection brokers (the ones paired to the Security Servers). If you see the same connection ID on multiple servers This could be an issue (but again I doubt the long winded scenario I payed out above is)