VMware {code} Community
dhbtemp
Contributor
Contributor

plugin can't display in vsphere-client-sdk 6.7

Hello,
When I change the version of vsphere-client-sdk from 6.5 to 6.7,I found a problem,I have no idea to solve it,can you help me?
Our plug-in can be normal operation in version 6.5,but in version 6.7,the plugin can't display,and there are followwing errors,
I don't Know how to deal with these problems,please help me.
When I change the version of vsphere-client-sdk from 6.5 to 6.7,I found a problem,I have no idea to solve it,can you help me?
Our plug-in can be normal operation in version 6.5,but in version 6.7,the plugin can't display,and there are followwing errors,
I don't Know how to deal with these problems,please help me.Hello,
I don't Know how to deal with these problems,please help me.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Denis_Chorbadzh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

The vSphere Client SDK 6.7 release comes with an upgraded virgo server.

This is most probably why you are getting these errors.

I would recommend you to go to: https://code.vmware.com/web/sdk/67/client and look at: Upgrading Your Plug-in To Maintain Compatibility with vSphere 6.7

Best Regards,

Denis

0 Kudos
dhbtemp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Denis,

I've read the document which you provide,but problem is not solved.

Our plugin can be used normal in production environment,but in development environment,it appeared the problem which I have already asked the questions.

Do you have any ideas? Please help me.

Thank you very much.

Best wishes!

0 Kudos
Denis_Chorbadzh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

It is possible that you are getting these errors if you are using Eclipse for plug-in deployment.

I have downloaded the 6.7 SDK, deployed a plug-in by using the "pickup" folder (or just place the plug-in inside the "plugin-packages" folder and restart the virgo server), and the plug-in functioned normally.

Can you provide more information about your setup?

We are aware that sometimes these issues occur in a local development and a fix will be provided in a next vSphere Client 6.7 release.

Best Regards,

Denis

0 Kudos
Denis_Chorbadzh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi again,

For Eclipse environment, the workaround is to add the following two arguments to the list of VM arguments in the launch configurations of the virgo server:

-Dweb.context.path.match=vsphere-client

-Dweb.context.path.replace=ui

Best Regards,

Denis

0 Kudos
dhbtemp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Denis

Sorry,I'm not sure  what are you need,so I'll provide the information that I think which you need.
My JAVA_HOME is "D:\Developmoent\Java\jdk1.8.0_161".
My VSPHERE_SDK_HOME is "D:\Developmoent\vsphere-client-sdk\html-client-sdk-6.7.0-8170180".
My CATALINA_HOME is "D:\Developmoent\Apache\Tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.30".
My VMWARE_CFG_DIR is "C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg".
My eclipse's version is "Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a)".
My eclipse is setup as thedocument which is at "html-client-sdk-6.7.0-8170180\docs\Eclipse-Setup.html".
My vcsa's version is "VMware-VCSA-all-6.7.0-8217866".
What do you need else? Thank you for your help.

Best wishes.

0 Kudos
Denis_Chorbadzh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Thank you for providing the details.

Could you please try the workaround for Eclipse environments suggested above and share if it works for you.

--Denis

0 Kudos
dhbtemp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Denis

I'm sorry, so long failed to reply you.
We have some problems with our development environment.
Our vcsa is deleted by one of us in the case of mistake.
And we have to do something else recently.Thank you for your help.
when we have time, We'll try to deal with the problems of our development environment with the solution you've said.

Best wishes.

0 Kudos