VMware Support Community
scsc_tech5
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Failure registering vCenter - Endpoint test failed.

When trying to register vCenter, I get the following error

Endpoint test failed. Error message: Couldn't create PropertyCollector facade for getting the VC UUID -> java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't login the client. -> Couldn't login the client. -> General failure. -> Internal server error

I have created a skyline user in vcenter and given the privileges of read-only (built in) and a licensing permission (custom)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Brain,

Thanks for your time on call.After we added the custom domain name at the end of the sso urls ,we were able to add the Vcenter server to skyline.Since the issue has been resolved we are archiving this thread.

Regards

Yuvaraj

Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi ,

I understand that we have issues with registering the Vcenter server with skyline appliance.Can you please confirm whether we are able to login to the Vsphere web client using the newly created skyline user.

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

Skyline Support Moderator.

0 Kudos
scsc_tech5
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes i am able to log in and view all objects and licensing

Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the response.Can you please let us know how the PSC is configured whether is embedded with VC or standalone.

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

0 Kudos
scsc_tech5
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It is embedded. Version 6.5

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi

Thanks for the response.Please reboot the skyline appliance and try the registration again.

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

0 Kudos
scsc_tech5
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Still no luck. I get the cert warning first (expected) and then the same error.

Here is the cert warning if that is of any consequence

The certificate provided by your vCenter is not valid (Certificate Thumbprint [redacted]).

Press "CONTINUE" if you would like to continue using an invalid certificate.

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi

Thanks for the update.Please send a direct message to me with your contact details so I can reach out to you for further troubleshooting.

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

0 Kudos
scsc_tech5
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am getting a strange error when trying to DM you. Can you try to DM me first and I will reply

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi

I have sent you a DM, please respond back with your contact details.

Regards

Yuvaraj.

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Brain,

Thanks for your time on call.After we added the custom domain name at the end of the sso urls ,we were able to add the Vcenter server to skyline.Since the issue has been resolved we are archiving this thread.

Regards

Yuvaraj

0 Kudos
nrnd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hi Yuvaraj,

we are still having the same issue,.

tried, rebooting the SKYLINE appliance, tried with ip/hostname, tried with port 443 and 7444, but no luck please help

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi ,

Please send me your contact details through DM ,so I can reach out to you directly.

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

0 Kudos
nrnd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

somehow i am not able to DM, can u please IM/DM me

0 Kudos
Saintflyer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

All,

I am getting pretty much the same thing. I have rebooted the collector, and still not able to register it.

Couldn't create collection task to test endpoint. -> java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't login the client. -> Couldn't login the client. -> Error communicating to the remote server https://172.31.xxx.xxx:7444/sts/STSService -> Error communicating to the remote server https://172.31.xxx.xxx:7444/sts/STSService -> HTTP transport error: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names matching IP address 172.31.xxx.xxx found -> java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names matching IP address 172.31.xxx.xxx found -> No subject alternative names matching IP address 172.31.xxx.xxx found

This is a Demo lab, so not sure if this is a maintenance issue, all my licenses are NFR.

Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Saintflyer,

Can you try using the FQDN of Vcenter server instead of IP address and  update us the status

Regards,

Yuvaraj.

0 Kudos
erparelange
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hola me pueden ayudar tengo el mismo problema:

Couldn't create collection task to test endpoint. -> java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't login the client. -> Couldn't login the client. -> General failure. -> Unexpected status code: 400

0 Kudos
MCLives
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

anyone figure out the issue i'm getting the same message and i'm able to login to vcenter without issue.

0 Kudos
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Saintflyer

The error implies the SSL cert is not issued to the vCenter address, use the FQDN of the vCenter to address it.

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc
0 Kudos
Alex_26
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i had the same problem and the solution was activate the check the box  "Propagate to children" when you create user for Skyline with role custom for Skyline according to the KB=59661.

obiusly i used the same user for connect skyline with vcenter, and account name the box the wizard i write user@domain-custom.local

my platform is vmware vcenter 6.5 and skyline 2.5

I followed the following document

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Skyline-Collector/2.3/GUID-32907710-F921-4CAE-AC28-EE05E30FDF3A-1-...

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Skyline-Collector/2.0/VMware%20Skyline%20Collector%20Installation%...

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/59661

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/74676

Hopefully it will help.

0 Kudos