VMware Cloud Community
jbtechskills
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Host client won’t load on clean install of ESXi 6.5 U1

Hello everyone. I have a standalone server on which I’d like to build a virtual VMware lab. I’ve installed a fully supported, Lenovo customized image of vSphere 6.5 U1, build 7388607, on an internal USB flash drive.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the vSphere Host client refuses to load in any browser. Strangely, the blue background of the log on page itself loads, but that’s it. There are no errors, no logos of any kind, no fields for entering credentials…nothing. I’ve tried Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer via fully updated (web browsers included) Windows 10 and Windows 7 workstations. No joy.

While I’m able to reach the DCUI via the server’s remote console functionality, without the Host Client, I can’t do much else. Furthermore, since this server isn’t associated with a vCenter server, the vSphere Web Client (Flex) and vSphere Client (HTML5) aren’t available.

Can somebody please help me understand what I’m missing? Perhaps there’s another way I should be attempting to access the host? I’ve Googled the issue quite a bit, but haven’t found anything related to this specific scenario.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jbtechskills
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

UPDATE

Hello everybody. Long story short, either my download of the Lenovo vSphere ISO and/or the USB flash drive I was using were defective. Once they were both replaced, I was able to reinstall vSphere and log in using the Host Client without a problem.

Unbelievable! Well, I guess it goes to show, first things first!

Thank you to all who responded. I really appreciate your time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I'm not sure why that's happening unless it's odd behavior in these current browser versions. What I'd recommend regardless of it working or not is to download and install the latest version from the fling site.

ESXi Embedded Host Client

0 Kudos
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

Do you access this server from the same sub-net (VLAN) ? if else, check the firewall or access list between VLANs.

Try to reset Internet Options for all browser, and install the latest Adobe flash player.

Else as final solution, and I guess this server still empty from VMs, try to reinstall ESXi and be careful on changing the default features during installation.

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly.

Cheers,

VCIX6-NV|VCP-NV|VCP-DC|

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

That's indeed strange. I've never seen such an issue.

What I could think of (just guessing) is that maybe some Antivirus, Internet Security, ... application blocks something!?

André

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

and install the latest Adobe flash player.

As the host client doesn't use Flash, this will accomplish nothing.

0 Kudos
jbtechskills
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

UPDATE

Hello everybody. Long story short, either my download of the Lenovo vSphere ISO and/or the USB flash drive I was using were defective. Once they were both replaced, I was able to reinstall vSphere and log in using the Host Client without a problem.

Unbelievable! Well, I guess it goes to show, first things first!

Thank you to all who responded. I really appreciate your time.

0 Kudos