VMware Cloud Community
therobber
Contributor
Contributor

com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.internal_server_error

After some big troubles in our vmware enviroment we finally set up our Vcenter server from scratch.

little info in the troubles we had

2 days ago multiple host where kicked out of the vcenter with the same errors (could not synchronize host) Management services reset did not help.

Local DCUI was also stuck on those host and local web interface was also stuck and gave an 503 error. After a reboot it worked for like 10 minutes before the problem reapeared again.

Before this some of the hosts had an update of 300 + days without any issue.

Trying to update the original Vcenter did not help because it failed the update and was broken after that, so we rebuild the vcenter.

The build we installed is 6.5.0 : 8024368.

Update 2 or 6.7 is not an option to install because of veeam does not support that version yet.

After reconnecting all the hosts after reboots to the new vcenter and updated al the hosts to the lates 6.5.0 update 1 + hotfixes everything is settled now and looks like it is working.

This morning suddenly this error apeared in vcenter when connecting to for example the general configuration settings of vcenter.

iexplore_2018-06-21_09-22-58.png

iexplore_2018-06-21_09-24-00.png

Also the roles field is empty and that was not empty yesterday because we added 1 extra user there in the morning

iexplore_2018-06-21_10-07-01.png

Also there is a message that says you dont have permission to look at the local permissions of the vmware host.

iexplore_2018-06-21_10-10-55.png

I already googled for this error but the only cases i can find where with a Windows based Vcenter, we are runing a VCSA.

Im logging in with the administrator@ssodomain...... already tried to create a new local user with administrator permissions but the same error still exists.

I'm pretty sure it is a permission problemen but no clue where to search for right now

VCSA version 6.5.0 8024368

Vsphere version 6.5.0 8294253

one more addition to this case.

I can view all these settings in Powershell i dont get any errors there so it must be something in the vcenter webserver.

0 Kudos
0 Replies