VMware Cloud Community
Sim_Simon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

[vRSLCM 1.2] Certificate issue during vRA 7.4 deployment

Hello everyone,

For few days now I have been fighting with vRA 7.4 deployment using vRS Lifecycle Manager 1.2, althought it seems to be a great tool !

What I have one so far:

- I have deployed a Windows Server 2016 VM called "vra-iaas"

- I added the necessary DNS entries for both vRA and vRA-IaaS within my lab

- I did set up vRSLCM as told by the VMware Documentation

- I created a new environment with vRA deployment only, went through all the settings config steps and passed the Pre-Check at 100%

After I submitted the creation request, everything wend well.

Then I faced an error during the deployment task changing its state from "in progress" to "Failed":

VRA_FAIL.PNG

Apparently something went wrong with the vra-iaas certificate. Since I am not really sure about how certificates are used with vRS products, I am stuck at this point.

I don't know what I am missing and I don't know where to look ... Please someone help me ! :smileycry:

Many thanks !

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sim_Simon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi everyone,

I finally managed to get a step ahead ! What I was doing wrong is that I didn't correctly set the "Full computer name" of my vRA-IaaS machine so I had to modify it:

Under Computer > Properties > Computer name section > Change settings > etc.

Even though I am not using a domain, the FQDN of the windows machine has to match the Hostname you type for each IaaS service while vRLCM environment infrastructure configuration.

Well now I am stuck at the next step "DB installation", I'll try to figure it out, stay tuned !

Simon.

0 Kudos