VMware Cloud Community
brendenp
Contributor
Contributor

Dell R640 and MD3400 Setup Issues

Folks,

I am a VMWare beginner and am trying to get my head around how to install vSphere on my hardware.  I have the applicable licenses for my 2 CPUs, and have no issue installing a version of ESXi on the R640 and creating my vCSA.  From that point everything seems to go wrong though.

I cant for the life of me work out how to connect the MD3400.  The device is physically attached to the host via dual 12G SAS HBA, but the ESXi host only sees the onboard BOSS-S1 raid card.

I did some reading and saw some articles about the MD3420 not being able to be direct connect, but nothing about the MD3400.

I'm guessing I'm missing a simple step, but cant seem to find anyone who has setup a similar configuration. 

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brenden

0 Kudos
1 Reply
YahyaZahedi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

You have problem in storage configuration. Check you storage to see it discovers your host or no ? If yes, check that you give proper permission to the host to see your virtual disk (if you haven't virtual disk, you should create virtual disk or (LUN) as many as you want).

Totally your problem related to Dell not your vSphere environment and I suggest you read this link.

Best Regards

0 Kudos