VCenter

Host 1

VDR Appliance 1

VCenter Server

Multiple Windows Virtual Machines

Host 2

VDR Appliance 2

Multiple Windows Virtual Machines

- VDR Appliance 1 can ping all other machines and hosts and can also be pinged.

- VDR Appliance 2 is unable to ping any other machines or hosts or be pinged itself.  Can ping localhost however.    

- If I move VDR Appliance 2 to Host 1 then it can ping all other machines just like VDR Appliance 1 can.

- If I move VDR Appliance 1 to Host 2 then it can't ping all other machines just like VDR Appliance 2 can't.

- VDR Appliance 2 is on the same vSwitch as other Windows virtual machines and they connect fine.

Firstly, is it possible to have 1 VCenter server supporting a VDR Appliance on a separate host or does each VDR Appliance need its own VCenter server on each separate host?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, I'm at a loss as to why a VDR Appliance can't talk on the network whilst sitting under Host 2.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Most likely, the issue is with physical layer or the NIC's not configured with same settings on esxi/physical switch to which they are connected to ..

Thanks,

MS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Most likely, the issue is with physical layer or the NIC's not configured with same settings on esxi/physical switch to which they are connected to ..

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos