VMware {code} Community
jonebc
Contributor
Contributor

Plugin Version Caching Issue

Hello,

I'm having some strange issue with deploying an HTML5 plugin to my vCenter Server.

vSphere Client version 6.5.0.10000 running on Windows Server 2012r2

According to docs if redeploying the same version it's necesary to unregister the plugin and delete the cached files in:

C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vsphere-client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity\

I've also deleted the files in:

C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vsphere-ui\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity

I use the unregisterPlugin argument with extension-registration-jar-with-dependencies.jar and get a succesful response... the extension no longer shows in the moid extension manager portal either.

The problem is I can't succesfully redeploy using the same version. If I deploy again using registerPlugin (same jar) it gives a succesful response and shows back up in the moid portal but doesn't appear in my vCenter. Nothing shows up in virgo log indicating the plugin is being downloaded either. If I bump the version number of my plugin it will download and deploy succesfully.

Are there some additional cached files I need to remove? or something I'm missing here? It's a pain to have to bump the version number each time I want to test remote deployment.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Denis_Chorbadzh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

When you unregister the plugin, in addition to deleting the cached files under "vsphere-client-serenity", you have to restart your virgo server.

Then, you can register your plugin again. Also have in mind that you probably need to logout/login to trigger another download.

Best Regards,

Denis

0 Kudos