VMware Horizon Community
amr12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to upgrade from 7.1 > 7.5 but 7.4 > 7.5 works...anyone else?

I've been having a really tough time upgrading from 7.1 to 7.5 on my external connection server, the internal connection server works fine.  I think the breakdown is on the LDAP sync beacuse that is usually where it fails plus i found this in the logs:

Property(C): LDAP_UPGRADE_ERROR_MESSAGE1 = LDAP is not ready for an upgrade. Error in reaching the server [VDM_LDAP_ERROR_SERVER_NAME] to get replication status. Please resolve the issue and try again. To get more information, run the command "repadmin /showrepl [VDM_LDAP_ERROR_SERVER_NAME]:389"

I did however upgrade to 7.1 > 7.4 and then to 7.5 that worked fine and everything is up and running now.  Has anyone had this issue?  I have logged a support case to see what they come back with.  The documentation says you can go right from 7.1 > 7.5

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It sounds like replication on your connection servers is out of sync. Have you tried running the command in the error to confirm replication is working? Regardless, I would perform the steps in Restart order of the View environment to clear ADLDS (ADAM) synchronization in Horizon View (2068381....

Are you saying you already upgraded your internal connection servers to 7.5 and have additional external connection servers in the same pod that are on 7.1 and failing to upgrade?

0 Kudos
amr12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes i did preform those steps as well as forced replication many times.  That is exactly the case, internal went to 7.1 > 7.5 no issue, then upgrading the external to 7.1 > 7.5 failed.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I saw a similar issue on 1 of our 4 connection servers when I upgraded from 7.1 to 7.4. One failed and we had to uninstall/decom the connection server on it and reinstall it working with VMware support.

0 Kudos