VMware Cloud Community
brbsoup
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SNMPD instability on ESXi 6.7

Hello everyone,

Since I upgraded to vCenter server 6.7 and ESXi 6.7 I seem to have SNMPd instability issues. LibreNMS is polling my hypervisors for monitoring, and SNMPd crashes at least once a day on all ESXi hosts. Does anyone else see this behaviour and what can I do to stabilize them? I took the alerting off the monitoring because it is giving us at least 25 false positives a day now.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
freistyle
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi brbsoup,

We have the same problem on our ESXi 6.7 hosts and had to disable our snmp monitoring.

Support response (received: 2018-06-12):

We are currently investigating what is causing this issue and hope to have a solution out for this issue later this year.
At this time there is no information available about what is causing the crashes and the investigation is ongoing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
freistyle
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi brbsoup,

We have the same problem on our ESXi 6.7 hosts and had to disable our snmp monitoring.

Support response (received: 2018-06-12):

We are currently investigating what is causing this issue and hope to have a solution out for this issue later this year.
At this time there is no information available about what is causing the crashes and the investigation is ongoing.
0 Kudos
brbsoup
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I got the same response from VMware support yesterday. Hope they will fix it soon, "this year" is a long time Smiley Wink

ashvetsov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have the same problem with snmp service at esxi 6.7

0 Kudos
TheBob1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We have same error with SNMPD on 1 of 3 Server and can see on syslog this entrys:

watchdog-snmpd: '/sbin/snmpd ++min=0,securitydom=0' exited after 300 seconds 139

2018-09-04T11:20:10Z watchdog-snmpd: Executing '/sbin/snmpd ++min=0,securitydom=0'

0 Kudos
erpadmin2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

any updates on this?  we just moved several hosts and vcenter to 6.7 and snmp stops responding to solarwinds polls on all of them.

0 Kudos
TheBob1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have update last Friday our 3 ESXi Host to 6.7 U1. Since this, no more SNMPd Crashes occured.

Cheers 🙂

0 Kudos
ashvetsov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Same for me, issue resolved in 6.7U1

0 Kudos
watchdog-fail
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm running 6.7u3 and still fails on librenms after a few hours.

0 Kudos