VMware {code} Community
abhishekdubey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Issue in WEB_PLATFORM.sendNavigationRequest API Behavior on HTML UI

Hi,

I have created a web client plugin using [SDK 6.0.0] build version[2559277] referring to sample ChassisB available as part of SDK sample.

I am trying to navigate from vCenter views to my custom object [Datastore to my custom object(chassis)] workspace using WEB_PLATFORM.sendNavigationRequest API.

as suggested in ?

With the mentioned API I am able to achieve the desired behavior in FLEX UI, however, the same API is not functioning properly in HTML5 UI.

Details of Issue:-

When Using the API to navigate to the summary details Page for a particular object (Say chassis ) the Left tree in the Object Navigator does not change and the related objects of the intended Object (targetted chassis) are not functioning.

However same is working fine in the Flex UI.

During the investigation of the mentioned issue where related objects tabs are not loaded properly in HTML UI navigation.

We have identified few error logs in the browser console related to parent container [Platform scripts] which are not there in case of Flex UI.

Following is the screenshot of web console comparing navigation calls in HTML5 UI and Flex

pastedImage_2.png

Can you check the error log as it belongs to parent SDK javascript code and suggest the workaround to fix the issue..

Thanks,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
0 Replies