VMware Workspace ONE Community
rabihmansour86
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

identity manager installation : database issue

during identity manager Configuration ,when i am trying to create internal database i faced the below issue

• Error during initialization. {"success":false,"status":409,"message":"Organization name already exists","code":409}

any idea

0 Kudos
7 Replies
derek_sovsystem
Contributor
Contributor

I realize this is an old post and you have most likely found a solution.  I had the same error occur and was able to solve it by redeploying the appliance and putting in the FQDN instead of the hostname. 

Inder_Gajender
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Great! FQDN worked for me!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Tuan_Nguyen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Derek,

I have got the same issue. Could you explain more details where should I put the FQDN instead of hostname?

0 Kudos
Tuan_Nguyen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Inder,

I have got the same issue. Could you explain more details where should I put the FQDN instead of hostname?

0 Kudos
trilok_orange
Contributor
Contributor

During the initial deployment of VIDM ova, the wizard ask for IP, hostname etc information.  There we need to define the FQDN.

0 Kudos
BrunoC31
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the same issue while trying to deploy a Workspace ONE Access 21.08 appliance. I set the FQDN in the OVA parameters.

I see the schema and the tables are created in the SQL Database, but then it goes into an error when trying to initialize it.

0 Kudos
BrunoC31
Contributor
Contributor

I finally managed to make it work ! 

It was due to the password of the account used for database connected : it had special characters that seem not supported by WS1. I change the password to put only letters and numbers, and it worked.

0 Kudos