VMware Cloud Community
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Content Library vs NFS

Hi,

What I will gain if I used Content Library for my template insteadoff NFS  shared storage ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You'll gain a couple things including the ability to sync that content to another content library (if you choose). That's really the main reason, but there are some severe limitations with content library. You cannot add a native vSphere template (it imports it as OVF), and you cannot delta synchronize changes to objects in the content library. In most cases where you do have multiple vCenters and wish to sync content, these gaps make content library unusable for many.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You'll gain a couple things including the ability to sync that content to another content library (if you choose). That's really the main reason, but there are some severe limitations with content library. You cannot add a native vSphere template (it imports it as OVF), and you cannot delta synchronize changes to objects in the content library. In most cases where you do have multiple vCenters and wish to sync content, these gaps make content library unusable for many.

0 Kudos
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thank you,

0 Kudos