VMware Communities
Sabu201110141
Contributor
Contributor

I have Fusion 8 installed on my Mac Book Pro with Windows 10 & its updates.

When I open Windows 10, I hear too much noise like water boiling.  It does not decrease.  What might be the cause. ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

I don't think Apple has any module/product called "iPot" that boils water :smileylaugh:

I can only guess the noise that you refer to that sounds like water boiling is likely from the fan running on the Macbook Pro. In the scenario that you described (upon starting up a Windows 10 VM) for a variety of reasons:

• The Windows 10 VM is trying to get updates or the Windows 10 VM is doing a virus scan in the background
  • The Windows VM is overallocated in terms of virtual CPU/virtual memory causing it to compete for resources with the macOS host.

In some situations, the fan will stop running after a while. For example, if the Windows background virus scan is completed, the fans can stop spinning. It also helps to have cooler room so that the fan does not spin as fast (thus making much less noise).

What is your MacBook Pro model/specs?

How much virtual CPU/memory/hard disk space you assign?

How much disk space do you have on the MacBook Pro left BEFORE you power up the Windows 10 VM?

0 Kudos