VMware Cloud Community
Bunnie1812
Contributor
Contributor

My virtual machine won't 'start'

I am running vmware 7 on El Capitan.  When I start the virtual machine I can see the Windows 10 logo come up followed by the rotating stars, then ... nothing.  I even hear the sound of Windows signing on but I cannot access any programmes.  How can I remedy this situation?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Windows 10 isn't officially supported until Fusion 8.

0 Kudos
Bunnie1812
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying.  But, really??  How come?  I spent an awful lot of time with a VM rep a couple of years ago who took me through the whole process of installing 10 on my machine etc etc etc.  Why wouldn't they say then that it wouldn't be supported.  I'm confused.  Does that mean I have to buy a whole new VM?  Appreciate your response.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I'm saying that VMware Fusion, the application installed on your Mac which is used to run this VM, is not compatible with Windows 10 and so your results may be unpredictable. If you want to be in a stable and supported position, Fusion 8 is the earliest release that officially has support for Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Bunnie1812
Contributor
Contributor

This is really disappointing.  I suppose this means an upgrade?  What I still have trouble understanding is how come my vmware with windows 10 has been operating on my system for the past two years without any trouble. 

0 Kudos