VMware Cloud Community
sajithkumarm
Contributor
Contributor

vROM creating a outbound setting for FTP

Hi, I am trying to schedule a report to a external ftp server using Network Share Plugin and not successful.

Please guide if anyone worked on similar requirement. Thanks

Sajith

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You've posted in the wrong forum, firstly. This should go in vRealize Operations. Second, why does it fail? What message is received? You've provided very little information for anyone to go on at this point.

0 Kudos
sajithkumarm
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the response and moving it to the respective forum !!

I am using the below procedure to create an outbound connector (which is further used with a custom view to generate a report/schedule a report):

1. creating outbound connector using Network Share Plugin with the below data:

Domain : <IP of the ftp Server>

user : <username>

password: <password of the ftp user>

network share root : </>

But the check test fails. I tried different combinations including domain as fqdn of the ftp server, and username as server\username and server@username.

I pretty sure, I am not mentioning anywhere to connect on ftp port, but how and where it need  to be given.

Can you capture something from this ??

Regards

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Because Network Share ≠ FTP. The two use separate protocols and you can't use that plug-in to upload to an FTP site.

0 Kudos
sajithkumarm
Contributor
Contributor

That was a useful info.

However, any idea of existence of an ftp plugin ?

reading VMWare documentation, Schedule Reports Overview  says send generated reports to email or ftp server. But after this page nowhere ftp is mentioned, hence no clarity on how to configure !!

Any clue on this ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I don't know of an FTP plug-in, sorry.

0 Kudos