2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2018 8:36 AM by bvn63

esxi + v3700 multipath error

bvn63 Lurker

Hello,

For learning purposes I use V3700 (P/N 00MJ095) and Dell 1950  (Emulex LPe12002 card is installed into the Dell Server) to configure multipath on esxi, I use Volume from V3700 as Hdd  and I installed esxi 6 on it and it worked thenI configured multipath on esxi with PSP (Round Robin) as images below (image 1,2,3)  but when i uploaded iso file to Datastore, it shows xxxx minute(s)..... and very slow (image 4) but if i used singe path and it uploaded very fast.

1)

1.PNG

2)

2.PNG

3)

3.PNG

4)

4.JPG

I also checked article at VMware Knowledge Base  and Adjusting Round Robin IOPS limit from default 1000 to 1  but the problem still persists.

Anyone can help me how to configure multipath correctly ?

Thank you.

Sang.

• 1. Re: esxi + v3700 multipath error
          IT_pilot Expert
          vExpert

If you have problems with I / O, you first need to update the drivers.

Check your:

esxcli storage core adapter list

vmkload_mod -s DRIVER_NAME |grep Version

If there are problems with the current version, please post a screenshot here.

• 2. Re: esxi + v3700 multipath error
            bvn63 Lurker

Hello IT_pilot,

Thank you for your information, today I updated firmware ( ??? --> 2.03x14) & driver (from 10.2.309 to 11.2.156.20) for LPe12002  and it succeeded, after I rebooting esxi and it shows an error:

Error loading /s.v00

Fatal error : 10 (Out of resources)

I have to reboot again and I check LPE driver again but it still shows old version (10.2.309) and only firmware changed (2.03x14). I will check it again next Monday.

Sang.