Can you please pack up (zip or tar) the entire Results directory from the Prime client from a failed client1 guest info issue and upload it?
In var log messages info in guestinfofiles for Client1-GuestInfo.txt I see a lot of Client0 references. Was Client1 at one time Client0?
1. Can you make sure that on Client1 /etc/hostname = Client1? Also, type 'hostname' and Linux prompt and Client1 should be returned.
2. Can you make sure that on your PrimeClient in /etc/hosts you have different IP's assigned for Client0 and Client1?
3. On Client1 make sure IP and name for Client1 and Primeclient are correct in /etc/hosts?
4. On Client0 make sure IP and name for Client0 and Primeclient are correct in /etc/hosts?
the client 1 has never been client 0 in my test infra (client1 was cloned from tile0 through the vmmark3.properties command)
and the answer of the 4 questions are:
1. client1 hostname is correct, i checked it.
2. the IP of client0 and client1 are different all the time
3. the name and IP are all correct in /etc/hosts
4. yes the name & IP of client0 and prime are all correct
Can you provision client1 again from tile0 (client0)? Then package up and send both up the entire provisioning directory as well as the results directory if you still have this issue.
i believe i had solved this guest info failure issue.
i tried migrating other client vm(client2) to the disk where client1 located on and ran vmmark again, and the same error(guest info) occurred.
if i migrate the client1 to other disks/hosts then the client1 became normal to run vmmark.
Also did re-install the ESXi which client1 VM located on but this didn't help.
so my conclusion is, there were some kind of errors on the disk where client 1 is located on.
everything worked just fine after i use another disk datastore to place the client1 vm.