VMware Cloud Community
TMoS86
Contributor
Contributor

PFTT = 2

Hi there

In our enviroment, we have a management cluster without vsan and an single-site 4-host workload cluster with vsan, pftt 1.

if we want to increse the pftt to 2, is it possible to add one or two witness apliances (running on our management cluster) to the (non-streched) vsan cluster (insted of a 5. workload host)?

in the VMware documentation i can find the witness appliance only in context of streched-clusters?

thanks for your reply..

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello TMoS86​,

"in the VMware documentation i can find the witness appliance only in context of streched-clusters?"

Witnesses are only used as an additional Fault-Domain in stretched-clusters (so that they have 3 sites).

"is it possible to add one or two witness apliances (running on our management cluster) to the (non-streched) vsan cluster (insted of a 5. workload host)?"

No, this would not be possible (and while I like the idea, I am sure there are good reasons it has not been implemented).

Do feel free to make a feature request, maybe it will be considered at some point (or clarified why it wouldn't work):

Contact VMware

Bob

0 Kudos
TMoS86
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thank you for your answer.

i will open a feature request Smiley Happy

regards

0 Kudos