3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2018 5:58 AM by W4GON

Issue while installing VCSA 6.5

abhisheksaxenacloudarchitect Lurker

I have deployed two PSC servers in HA and have run the configuration scripts as defined in the article.

After that when i am trying to install VCSA 6.5 Update-1 i am getting below error:

Encountered an internal error. Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/firstboot/vmafd-firstboot.py", line 131, in main controller.client_mode() File "/usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/firstboot/vmafd-firstboot.py", line 79, in client_mode service.client_mode() File "/usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/firstboot/identityinstall/vmafdInstall.py", line 848, in client_mode self._defaultLifetime, self._defaultKeySize) File "/usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/firstboot/identityinstall/vmafdInstall.py", line 325, in create_machine_cert [e.errno], AttributeError: 'vmca_exception' object has no attribute 'errno'

I have attached the screenshot of the error.

I have tried multiple times installing the VCSA 6.5 update-1 however getting same error.

DNS resolution and Time sync is working fine.

Even i also tried this KB article VMware Knowledge Base

Still issue persists and i am blocked on VCSA 6.5 Update-1 installation.

Please help.

• 1. Re: Issue while installing VCSA 6.5
          W4GON Lurker

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. From VC 6.0.0.3080 build 9448190 to 6.5.0.23000 Build Number 10964411. My error is:

Encountered an internal error. Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/firstboot/vmafd-firstboot.py", line 131, in main controller.client_mode() File "/usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/firstboot/vmafd-firstboot.py", line 79, in client_mode service.client_mode() File "/usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/firstboot/identityinstall/vmafdUpgrade.py", line 271, in client_mode self.post_init() File "/usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/firstboot/identityinstall/vmafdUpgrade.py", line 254, in post_init self.set_sca_hostid() File "/usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/firstboot/identityinstall/vmafdUpgrade.py", line 40, in set_sca_hostid vmafdclient.GetMachineID()) RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

Did you ever get an answer or resolve the issue?

Thanks

Joel

• 2. Re: Issue while installing VCSA 6.5
            MGSTYLEICON25 Lurker

Hello ,

I also faced this faced in lab. Any resolution for this .Please help.

• 3. Re: Issue while installing VCSA 6.5
              W4GON Lurker

I wanted to post an update just in case anyone else runs into my particular error. The underlying problem that caused my trouble stemmed from having changed the IPs on both my VCSA and external PSC previously to get them on a new management vlan. I used the Web interface to update the IPs on both appliances and although this is fine to do and confirmed by the VMware tech I spoke with to be the case, it seems that there is a little "known" issue with the background script that is supposed to update the /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0 silently failing to update the file with the new network settings. In my case the subnet mask was never updated to a /24 and stayed as a /16.

So during the second stage of the update to 6.5 where the new appliance copies the old VCSA IP info to re-IP itself, it set the mask to /16 which then killed any access outside of the management vlan. Namely, DNS! So the upgrade failed on Step 2 of 3 at 3% every time with the obscure error I posted on my previous post. The issue caused a lot of pulling of hair on my end so I hope this might help others if they run into the same issue.