VMware Cloud Community
niceguy001
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error occured while loading general configuration for vSAN.

i have a lab vsan cluster with 5 hosts inside, which are currently running version 6.5 build 5310538

the vcenter is the same version, 6.5. it was all good with no physical disk problems before.

some strange errors occurred on the vsan which should not be appeared in vsphere 6.5 such as:

Error occured while loading general configuration for vSAN.

and

The last operation failed for the entity with the following error message.

Unexpected status code: 503

from the vcenter, the vsan configuration cannot be displayed, as shown in figure below:

vsan.jpg

health.jpg

i tried VMware Knowledge Base this article to solve the issues but things got worse after the vcva restarted...

the message from vcenter server appliance showed: Failed to start vsphere-client.serviceL Unit vsphere-client.service is masked.

and now all my hosts show "error 2035"

so tough...

does anyone know why version 6.5 still has this kind of  issue(which vsan configuration cannot present)?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
niceguy001
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can anyone help?

my vsan health service couldn't be start(from vcsa)

it showed: error executing start on serice vsan-health.

as shown in figure below:

vsan-health.jpg

and i couldn't find a vmware kb or other information from google to deal with it yet...

or is it easier to solve all the vsan & vcenter problems by recreate the data center and hosts into version 6.7?

thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
ac4gc
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello there,

Can you check the available space in vcsa. Run the command (du -sh) to check the available space. If any of the folder  (Especially "/storage/log") is 100 percent then delete some files and retry.

-Ashish

0 Kudos
niceguy001
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i checked the space under the /storage/log path and there are 3 logs: "lost+found", "remote", "vmware"

they didn't show the percentage of space, only the size, as shown below:

storage log.jpg

same as the sub-folders under the /storage/log/vmware/ which don't show the percentage of occupied space.

i guess maybe i misunderstood the "du -sh" command???

btw, i had already upgraded the vcenter and esxi into version 6.7 by the time i wrote this reply.

0 Kudos