VMware Horizon Community
stev379
Contributor
Contributor

Can smartcard authenticate with Horizon over HTML?

Is there any way to authenticate with a smartcard over HTML when not connected to to the network?

Goal: Authenticate from offsite to the Horizon desktop over HTML with either a password or the smartcard and not using VPN. Then once on the desktop we need to use only a smartcard to authenticate with OWA using a browser inside the desktop.

I've gotten conflicting info from searching and speaking with others, hence the question instead of further searching.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The one thing that I know that you can't do is to use the smart card inside of the remote desktop (e.g. the part "use only a smartcard to authenticate with OWA using a browser inside the desktop"). This is not possible with the HTML access client given the set of APIs we need access to. The feature requires a native (non-mobile) client.

It may be possible to use a smart card to log in to the View Connection Server from the HTML access client; I haven't tested it in a long while. If it makes any difference for you, let me know and I can ask around and get more info.

0 Kudos