VMware Cloud Community
FreddyFredFred
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vsphere web client plugin version in vro 7.4

Took the plunge and migrated to vRO 7.4 before I update to vcenter 6.7. I see in the documents of the forum  there's plugin for the web client that says it adds 6.7 support. Do I need to update the file on the vro 7.4 appliance or does 7.4 already have that version of the plugin? There doesn't seem to be a way to check the version.

And speaking of plugins, I noticed in the vcenter > configuration > add a vcenter server instance there was a little exclamation mark next to the version number. Seems like version 1.1.12 is active but there's a 1.1.13 in the version history. Is that normal?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

vCenter 6.7-compatible plug-in which is uploaded at https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-35002 is not bundled with vRO 7.4 appliance so you need to update it manually on the appliance, following the update procedure provided on the page above.

For the other question - I also see this exclamation mark on my 7.4 system (which I think is a clean install, not an upgrade). Will check this issue further.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

OK, here is what I found:

1) Version 1.1.12 is the latest version of this workflow. There is no version 1.1.13 or newer, at least not in the source code repository of the plug-in

2) The text of the exclamation mark is a little bit confusing. It seems the client shows it not when there is a newer version of a given element, but when there is no record in the version history database matching the exact current version (in this case, the version history database has no record for version 1.1.12).

Usually, the workflows that come bundled with the standard plug-ins have a version history record containing only the latest/current version of the workflow. Not sure why it is different for this particular workflow. I'll open an internal PR against vCenter plug-in to get it fixed in a followup plug-in release.

The good news is that this is not a functional problem and you have the correct version of the workflow, so you can safely ignore the warning message.

0 Kudos