VMware Cloud Community
qnjc21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vrops 6.7 Capacity

Author :

URL : http:////docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Operations-Manager/6.7/com.vmware.vcom.core.doc/GUID-52C3F7EA-2...

Topic Name : Capacity Optimization for Your Managed Environment

Publication Name : vRealize Operations Manager 6.7 Help

Product/Version : vRealize Operations Manager/6.7

Question :

Do the new Capacity reposts and analysis take into account HA + Buffers.  I cannot find anywhere to check if it does.  It was visible in the old policies

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

There is no way to set a HA buffer in 6.7 as all allocation model functions have been removed from the UI ( you can still access some of them using the rest api)

If you want to use the allocation model you will need to create some supermetrics that will include a buffer

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ldclancy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Any luck finding out how to set the HA & Buffers?
0 Kudos
qnjc21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No , not yet!!

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

There is no way to set a HA buffer in 6.7 as all allocation model functions have been removed from the UI ( you can still access some of them using the rest api)

If you want to use the allocation model you will need to create some supermetrics that will include a buffer

qnjc21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks

0 Kudos
sunnydua2011101
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Just to add. HA buffers are automatically accounted for in vROps 6.7. If you have enabled HA and enabled Admission Control, the defined buffer in vSphere will automatically be deducted from the vSphere clusters capacity in vROps.

Regards Sunny
qnjc21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Sunny

thanks for comments.  I have HA and Admission Control Enabled ( 50% ) but anything I have looked at in 6.7 seems to be displaying capacity based on the total CPU cores rather than the expected 50%. Can you direct me to the appropriate Dashboards/ reports which include HA?

thanks

John

0 Kudos
sunnydua2011101
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you review the out of box Utilization Overview Dashboard. This dashboard shows the Usable Capacity for each cluster after removing HA buffer.

Regards Sunny
0 Kudos