7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2018 6:01 AM by vswitchzero

Unable to deploy NSX-v 6.4.0 controllers

larstr Virtuoso
    vExpert

Hi,

I'm trying to install NSX 6.4.0 in our test lab and when I'm trying to deploy the first NSX controller it fails in the vCenter Tasks and Events with the message: Operation timed out.

Selection_004.jpg

The log inside Networking & Security states the following:

Selection_005.jpg

And by looking at the log inside NSX Manager the first error in a long range of java exceptions is this one:

2018-05-02 16:04:46.479 CEST ERROR pool-45-thread-1 ResourcePoolVcOperationsImpl:196 - - [nsxv@6876 comp="nsx-manager" subcomp="manager"] Error while pushing file '/common/em/components/vdn/controller/ovf/nsx-controller-6.4.0-build7552024-system.vmdk'.
      java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_151]
              at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350) ~[?:1.8.0_151]

After this point there's a full range of java related garbage messages that continues for ~5 minutes before it gives up.

It seems that the error message Error while pushing file '/common/em/components/vdn/controller/ovf/nsx-controller-6.4.0-build7552024-system.vmdk'. is quite important here, but I haven't found any solutions yet. So far I've reviewed different kb articles (VMware Knowledge Base, VMware Knowledge Base) that used to be valid for 6.3.x, but it seems that the problem is different on 6.4.0.

DNS is setup correctly (VMware Knowledge Base ) and time is synced on all levels so I'm wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before. This is a totally clean environment that was just recently installed from scratch.

Lars