VMware Horizon Community
rahulgarg
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

View pool gets stuck in deleting

I am using View 7.4, whenever I delete a desktop pool whether its Linked or Instant, it never start deleting the VM.

what actually do the trick is, I needed to power off all my vms from the VCenter and then View starts deleting the VM.

is this the correct behavior or am I missing some settings here ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If the VMs are in a connected state than this is somewhat expected. The Horizon Agent should have requested a shutdown of the VM but if a user is connected then that won't always complete. When we delete a pool we make sure no users are connected or restart/power off all the VMs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
surajr04
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Rahul,

Normally, when we initiate delete desktop from View Admin, it should power of the VM in vCenter and should delete it.

However, if you are able to delete the VMs after powering off the VMs in vcenter, then you need to investigate if powering off API was sent to VC or not, if yes then why the ESXi host did not power off the VM manually.

I would recommend you to follow the KB VMware Knowledge Base  and perform the sequential reboot of Connection server, composer and vCenter as per the order mentioned in the KB and check the status.

0 Kudos
BC559
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

By any chance was the Pool and Provisioning on the Pool enabled when you tried to delete the Pool pr where you trying to delete the Pool while the Pool and Provisioning was disabled?

0 Kudos
rahulgarg
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

No, it wasn't the case. Pool was enabled and all VMs were in connected state.

0 Kudos
rahulgarg
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

HI Suraj,

I am familiar with the process, but if I have to restart everything every time I need to delete the pool, it will be very time consuming process.

and let me check whether VC is receiving the shut down event or not

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If the VMs are in a connected state than this is somewhat expected. The Horizon Agent should have requested a shutdown of the VM but if a user is connected then that won't always complete. When we delete a pool we make sure no users are connected or restart/power off all the VMs.

0 Kudos
rahulgarg
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

My Bad, I am trying it on my test setup, so didn't consider this scenario.

0 Kudos