VMware Support Community
Brendan_Giese
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Also unable to link account to skyline

Stuck during the install on the ":LInk MyVMware Account" step. Not seeing the skyline community or any available link to skyline in my profile / VMware Programs tab either.

Happy to PM whoever to get it moving.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Brendan,

Thank you for the update. Yes, you need to use the same myvmware id to which the invite was sent. Please try again and let us know the status, Share the myvmware id that you are using incase of any issues.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
Skyline Support Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Brendan,

Once the deployment is complete, you need to login to the skyline collector using admin id and change the password > then start the registration. Please let us know if you could complete the deployment and login to skyline collector.Please share the deployment screenshot from where you are unable to proceed and share your myvmware id to which skyline invite was sent. We will look into this and update you shortly.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
Brendan_Giese
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry for being unclear, there were a few similar posts below with the same issue. I am not seeing any Skyline Community or project in my MyVmware portal, nor am I able to complete step 3 on the configuration after deploy:

skyline.jpg

Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Brendan,

Invite has been sent to selected my vmware ids(based on request)to deploy skyline and only these ids can be registered for now. In case you have received the invite, you need to use the same id for registration. In case you have not received the invite and you would like to deploy skyline, please use the below link to sign up.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/f44fcd08d8a04234b6360e1b60051840

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
Brendan_Giese
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Narasimha,

Yes, I received the invite, the email alias that it was sent to may not be in line with my myvmware portal ID though, could that be the hangup?

Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Brendan,

Thank you for the update. Yes, you need to use the same myvmware id to which the invite was sent. Please try again and let us know the status, Share the myvmware id that you are using incase of any issues.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
Brendan_Giese
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The email alias that the invite was sent to does not have an active VMware account, as its an alias.

The account I have is linked to my profile, but I am unable to send it in a private message, same issue (big red bar) as in this thread:

Why am I unable to link my account?

AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Brendan,

Please check now, you should be able to send private message.

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6
Brendan_Giese
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks, DM sent with email info.

0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Brendan,

I received your message, but it's blank. Do you mind sharing the my VMware id and the associated EA number.

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
Narasimha_Pras1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Brendan,

Any update on the issue?

Best Regards,
Narasimha Prasad
0 Kudos
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Brendan,

This is follow-up regarding the above thread, We have not received any response from your end.

Please confirm if your issue is resolved or need any further help on this issue ?

We will be closing this thread at the end of this week as there is no response on it.

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6
0 Kudos