VMware Communities
Tiffany2
Contributor
Contributor

Bridge Networking with a Win 10 client

Hi,   Has anyone successfully implemented bridge networking with a Win 10 client running on a Win 10 host?    We have carefully mapped VMnet0 to a physical adapter on the host (WiFi) and configured the client with a static IP and DNS.    No matter what we try, the result is always the same.   We can ping the client from the host, but cannot do the reverse.  Plus DNS at the client never works (using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).    The bottom line is ... the Win 10 client cannot see the outside world, but the host can ping the client.    We've seen suggestions to use host-only networking and then use Windows Bridging to connect VMnet1 to a physical adapter at the host.    The result was the same.     If anyone has any suggestions, they would be warmly appreciated.   -- Tif

PS:  We are using Workstation 12 pro. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mrkurvaa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi people !! I'am having exactly the same probleme dans same issue then .

I was running on Vmware 12 pro , i repared it , delet dans re install it with no succes
So upgraded to Vmware 14 pro , same probleme . i re-installed open-vm-tools . No change .

NAT network work well the only probleme is i cant reach any conection on bridged network .

does any on have any tips about this enoying probleme ? I have been looking for de solution during the last 42 hours    : X I'm just driving crasy with this .

Screen Shot 04-29-18 at 02.20 PM.PNGScreen Shot 04-29-18 at 02.25 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 04-29-18 at 02.22 PM.PNG

And please excuse my english , i'm speaking very well but righting is an other war .

0 Kudos