2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 6:09 AM by bwamsley03

Looking for the HOL: HOL-1782-HBD-1 VMware vCloud Air: Data Center Extension

bwamsley03 Lurker

I'm trying to work through a lab in a new textbook and I can't find the:HOL-1782-HBD-1 VMware vCloud Air: Data Center Extension lab. I wondered if it was replaced but I cannot seem to find a lab that is similar to it.

• 1. Re: Looking for the HOL: HOL-1782-HBD-1 VMware vCloud Air: Data Center Extension
          VMDMR Novice
          VMware Employees

The HOL-1700 series labs were decommissioned back in December, so HOL-1782-HBD-1 is no longer available.  What makes it even more difficult is that it the product, vCloud Air, is no longer a VMware product, so there is no direct lab replacement for that one. 

Was there a particular topic in HOL-1782-HBD-1 that were interest in?  For the most part, HOL-1881-01-HBD VMware HCX – Getting Started with Cross-Cloud Mobility is the closest replacement and covers moving workloads from your datacenter to the cloud (or even cloud to cloud).  There is also a module that covers Datacenter Designer, which will help design the network for these hybrid cloud environments.

You may also want to look at HOL-1883-01-HBD - VMware Cloud Provider Program - vCloud Director for Service Providers if you are interested in learning more about vCloud Director.

I hope that helps, but let us know if we can assist you any further!

• 2. Re: Looking for the HOL: HOL-1782-HBD-1 VMware vCloud Air: Data Center Extension
            bwamsley03 Lurker

Thank you! This was just what I was looking for. I was looking at a migration from a data center to the cloud so Getting Started with Cross-Cloud Mobility would be perfect.