VMware Horizon Community
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Horizon 7.4 with vCenter/vSphere 6.7

The release notes, KB and interoperability matrix for vCenter/vSphere 6.7 around Horizon 7.4 compatibility are confusing.

The blog article states:

At vSphere 6.7 general availability, compatible versions of VMware NSX, VMware Integrated OpenStack and VMware vSphere Integrated Containers will not be available. Moreover, VMware Horizon 7.4 is not compatible with the Instant Clone API used in vSphere 6.7.  Instant Clone support for vSphere 6.7 will be available in an upcoming Horizon release.

This sounds like it is compatible, as long as you are not using instant clones.

The interoperability matrix shows vSphere (esxi) 6.7 as compatible with Horizon 7.4, with the note that instant clones are not yet supported.

However, the interoperability matrix only lists 6.5u1 as the latest vCenter compatible with Horizon 7.4. 

Considering that your vSphere version has to match or be lower than your vCenter version. I'm confused.  Is the info in the interoperability matrix wrong, does Horizon 7.4 support vCenter 6.7?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jmatz135
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I had the 6.7 Release Candidate set up with Horizon 7.4.  It worked, but Instant Clones would not work at all.  I believe true compatibility for Horizon View on vCenter 6.7 will come with 7.5 so I would wait until then before trying to move forward with 6.7.

0 Kudos
andiwe79
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just would like to link this discussion:

https://communities.vmware.com/message/2763772#2763772

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Due to changes in the instant clone API in 6.7 Horizon 7.4 and prior are not supported. Horizon 7.5 which is expected in Q2 of this year should fully support 6.7.

0 Kudos
sandhog
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I tried Horizon 7.5 with VSCA 6.7 for Instant Clones and did not work. After creating the replica VM, goes through the motions and it stops. I have work on this all week and no resolution found as of yet.

0 Kudos