VMware Communities
luigisavadamoni
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot select USB network adaptor to PXE Boot

Hi, I have a new touchbar MacBook Pro 10.13.4 and have just installed VMWare Fusion 10.  My Window 10 software images are on a pxe sccm server but my network adaptor (alogic USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter) can't be selected in the Network adaptors options of the Setup.  I can select Bridged, but the USB 10/100/1000 LAN is grey-out.

When I start my vm, I don't get enough time to F12 before the message "Cannot find a valid peer process to connect to"

Suggestions and advice welcomed, thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hm, that error message is unrelated to the USB NIC.

"Peer Processes" are background services and kernel extensions that Fusion needs in place to run.

Sometimes just a reboot sorts that out depending on the issue.

Could be that the system extensions aren't loading, check your System Preferences > Security and make sure we're authorized.

Sometimes VirtualBox has virtualization kexts that don't auto-unload and Apple now limits the kernel address space to 1 virtualization kext to be loaded at a time, so that has also been known to cause issues.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hm, that error message is unrelated to the USB NIC.

"Peer Processes" are background services and kernel extensions that Fusion needs in place to run.

Sometimes just a reboot sorts that out depending on the issue.

Could be that the system extensions aren't loading, check your System Preferences > Security and make sure we're authorized.

Sometimes VirtualBox has virtualization kexts that don't auto-unload and Apple now limits the kernel address space to 1 virtualization kext to be loaded at a time, so that has also been known to cause issues.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos