VMware Communities
Shimakaze115
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No Operating System found?

After creating a boot camp vm, not an imported boot camp volume, and the starting it up I get "EFI VM virtual IDE Hard Drive... unsuccessful", "EFI VM virtual SATA CDROM Drive... unsuccessful" then "No Operation System found"(along with "check your start up disk in the virtual machine settings".

After this it goes to a boot option menu.

I have a MacBook Pro with a windows boot partition that was made with boot camp, and I am running macOS High Sierra(10.13.4) and I have the latest version of Fusion?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Look at this KB https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2151780

and follow the steps within and see whether it resolves the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Look at this KB https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2151780

and follow the steps within and see whether it resolves the problem.

0 Kudos
Shimakaze115
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, this fixed it.

0 Kudos
lsh08
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have the same problem.      

I am running Fusion 10.1.1 Mac High Sierra 10.14.4     I have a bootcamp partition running latest Win10.      I can boot into the partition and run Windows no problem.

I tried the disable SIP, created a new VMWare partition from the Bootcamp (using the bootcamp) and I still get the No Operating System..

I also checked the vmdx file and it already has the RW 6 zero and not the other phrase.

This was a mid '11 mbpr machine and VM worked fine until I updated to High Sierra.       I then had to upgrade VMware from 7 to 10 but am getting this problem.

I might try deleting and installing VMWARE all over to see if that's help.      I didn't delete the old VMware before I updated.

Other thoughts?

0 Kudos
lsh08
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The actual error is as follows:

"Attempting to start up from:

->EFI VMware virtual IDE Hard Drive (IDE 0:))... unsuccessful

->EFI VMware virtual SATA cdrom drive (1.0)... unsuccessful

-> EFI Network...

..start pxe over IPv4"

Eventually, I get a 'boot manager 'screen.

0 Kudos
Shimakaze115
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I do not know much but for me it worked after I followed the instructions in link posted by bluefirestorm.

0 Kudos