The Operational Summary Report (OSR) provides you with the Findings and Recommendations proactively identified by Skyline. You will receive an email notification each time a new Operational Summary Report is available for you to download.
Premier Services customers: You will continue to receive your Operational Summary Report (OSR) as part of your regular engagement with your Support Account Manager/Engineer. This is an additional benefit to you as part of your Premier Services contract that includes regular, interactive discussions and consultative recommendations from a dedicated VMware Technical Support Engineer. Premier Services customers will not be able to retrieve their Operational Summary Report using the link below. If you have any questions please contact your Support Account Manager/Engineer.
Production Support customers, download your Operational Summary Report here:
Use your My VMware account to login and download your Operational Summary Report. The Operational Summary Report contains a Deployment Summary, a Recommendation Summary and the individual Findings and Recommendations discovered by Skyline.
- The Deployment Summary provides you with a high-level inventory of all the objects associated with the corresponding vCenter Server or NSX Manager.
- The Recommendation Summary helps you understand where your most critical potential issues exist, so that you can proactively begin resolving these potential issues before they become problems within your environment. Each Finding is given a severity level of Critical, Moderate or Trivial. For each vCenter Server and NSX Manager, a summary for
- Each potential issue is provided to you as a Finding and Recommendation. Each Finding contains a description of the issue along with recommendation to resolve the potential issue. These recommendations could include Knowledge Base articles, best practices, white papers or some other form of official VMware documentation. Each Finding has the following properties:
- FindingID: Each Finding has a unique FindingID that allows you search for additional details related to the Finding.
- Date Actioned: The date the potential issue was discovered by Skyline.
- Priority: Critical, Moderate or Trivial, based upon the potential impact the issue could have on your environment.
- Number of Findings: The number of objects that could be impacted by the potential issue. If you have more than 1 vCenter Server and/or NSX Manager attached to the Skyline Collector, the number of objects for each vCenter Server and/or NSX Manager will be displayed.
- Issue Description: A description of the potential issue
- Recommendations: A Knowledge Base article, best practice, white paper or other form of official VMware documentation that provides you with additional details about the issue as well as step-by-step for how to resolve the potential issue.
When you are ready to begin remediating a Finding within your environment, you can use the rules.zip file to find the details for each of the objects potentially impacted by the potential issue. For example, you are reviewing a Finding within the Operational Summary Report and see that 5 objects could be impacted within the vCenter Server or NSX Manager. However, you don't know which 5 objects. Open the rules.zip file, search for the unique FindingID associated with the Finding you are reviewing, open that file and you can now see which 5 objects (ESXi hosts, virtual machines, distributed switch, datastore, etc.) are impacted by that Finding.
You can also use the unique FindingID if you have a question about the issue and/or recommendation within the Skyline Community. This enables the Technical Support Engineers moderating the Skyline Community to identify the particular Finding you have a question about as well as further helping you remediate the potential issue.
Disclaimer: The processes, methods and content utilized and/or provided for the duration of the pilot may not reflect the final implementation of proactive support with Skyline services for Production Support entitled customers. The delivery of the Findings and Recommendations through the Operational Summary Report may not reflect the final implementation of proactive support with Skyline services for Production Support entitled customers.