VMware Networking Community
lwallimann
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

KVM Transport Node

Has someone successfully depoyed an KVM Transport Node and is able to put VMs to the Logical Switch?

I have troubles to get my Logical Switch down to the KVM Transport Node. It seems that my NetCpa does not work as it should.

Any help would be appreciated...

root@kvm3:/home/kvm3# /etc/init.d/netcpad status

● netcpad.service - LSB: NSX NetCpa

Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/netcpad; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: inactive (dead) since Die 2018-04-10 17:17:43 CEST; 10min ago

Process: 12442 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/netcpad stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Process: 12433 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/netcpad start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Apr 10 17:17:43 kvm3 systemd[1]: Started LSB: NSX NetCpa.

Apr 10 17:17:43 kvm3 systemd[1]: netcpad.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.

Apr 10 17:17:43 kvm3 systemd[1]: Stopped LSB: NSX NetCpa.

Apr 10 17:17:43 kvm3 systemd[1]: netcpad.service: Start request repeated too quickly.

Apr 10 17:17:43 kvm3 systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: NSX NetCpa.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lwallimann
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

In the mean time I found the problem that I had.

I was running the management interface and the interface for the geneve tunnel on the same subnet.

On KVM I had then routing and arp issues, the geneve traffic was going out the wrong interface.

As soon as I set up another subnet for the geneve tunnel interface everything was working.

Regards Lars

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lwallimann
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

In the mean time I found the problem that I had.

I was running the management interface and the interface for the geneve tunnel on the same subnet.

On KVM I had then routing and arp issues, the geneve traffic was going out the wrong interface.

As soon as I set up another subnet for the geneve tunnel interface everything was working.

Regards Lars

0 Kudos