VMware Horizon Community
AlexLSx7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cute PDF in AppVolume overriding default printer from UEM

We have CutePDF installed on an Appvolume with other general apps. No Printers on base image. We use UEM to add a default printer.

For some reason, all of a sudden, CutePDF is overriding the default printer on login and i cant figure out why and cant think of anything that has been changed that would cause this. Is there any way to stop this so UEM always adds the default?

Appvolumes version - 2.13.1.4

UEM version - 9.3

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wimp777
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you have the ThinPrint service installed when you setup the View Agent? Are the two services in the screenshot running?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
AlexLSx7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes.

0 Kudos
Wimp777
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The ThinPrint services will mess with your selected default printers

If you want to leave the service running. Try adding these keys into the base image to not have the default printer overwritten.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ThinPrint\TPAutoConnect]

"DisableSettingOfDefPrinter"=dword:00000001

"UserDrivenDefaultPrinter"=dword:00000001

Or if you do not want the service running you can set via GPO to set the service on manual and stopped. I use a shortcut on a desktop as a trigger to turn the services on for my desktop pools. If a user needs access to a remote local printer. Other than that I leave the service off.

0 Kudos
AlexLSx7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks! I will give the keys a try first as i am sure i will get complaints if i turn it off!

0 Kudos