VMware Cloud Community
jarscrgmks
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

route domain name to virtual machine

Hello,

I have  two months searching information, but don't find the right answer.

I have ESXI now, but maybe this doesn't is the software need, and somebody can guide what is the solutions.

This is my needs.

Example:

Have 3 VM

1. api.example.com (Windows Server)

2. testing.example.com (Linux Server)

3. whm.example.com (cPanel Linux Server)

Have 1 IP Dedicated.

If open  api.example.com need the VM response to request domain or subdomain.

If open testing.example.com need show the page in the VM Linux.

Now have cPanel machine response all request, but can't route domains to diferent VM, I don't know if need more IP's or another software for work.

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's still not clear what exactly you're trying to achieve here. If you have a single IP, you could use a reverse HTTP proxy and forward the traffic to different machines in the backend by using a URI. Or you could have these three VMs listen on different ports and use PAT on your router's public interface to forward that traffic.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Trying to understand what you're asking and am not having much success. You say you have one IP. Is this a public IP?

If open  api.example.com need the VM response to request domain or subdomain.

If open testing.example.com need show the page in the VM Linux.

Now have cPanel machine response all request, but can't route domains to diferent VM, I don't know if need more IP's or another software for work.

Just not understanding these sentences here, I'm afraid.

0 Kudos
jarscrgmks
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello. Yes is public IP.

Need open page in different machines by domain name > hostname in Vm

Regards and thanks

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's still not clear what exactly you're trying to achieve here. If you have a single IP, you could use a reverse HTTP proxy and forward the traffic to different machines in the backend by using a URI. Or you could have these three VMs listen on different ports and use PAT on your router's public interface to forward that traffic.