VMware Horizon Community
murbot
Contributor
Contributor

External VDI (No VPN) - Opens Print Page

Hi,

Any suggestions on what could cause this behavior?

We're allowing external traffic to a VDI environment. The necessary ports are listening. Using Chrome for HTML connections, we can get to the site and authenticate, but after clicking a desktop pool to open we get a Print page like below. If cancelled, it remains a blank window.

Other browsers open to a blank window. Only Chrome opens the Print page, but none of the browsers open a desktop without VPN. But all can authenticate.

IE, Safari, FireFox and Chrome were tested.

When onsite or on VPN, the connections work as expected.

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 9.03.00 AM.png

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

6 Replies
jlenag
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have a very similar problem.   The Print page appears when i direct connect to a connection server to access our streamed applications.   Print page opens randomly with Chrome a few times and then stops once you get to the application.

I haven't tested this externally yet, but it definitely happens every time i connect internally.

No idea what happened, but I believe this only started after we upgraded to 7.3.2.

0 Kudos
dbrutus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you have any popup blocker or adblocker by any chance? One quick test I recommend is opening your browser in incognito or private without any special plugin to see if you get the same results.

BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Are you using Unified Access Gateways (UAG) or at a minimum Security Servers? You should never directly expose your connection servers externally.

0 Kudos
jlenag
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did a little testing and it does look to be Adblock Plus.

I only have a few extensions outside the normal default Chrome ones, so it was pretty easy to test disabling one at a time.  Adblock Plus is defiinitely the culprit.   Wonder why it all of a sudden started doing this and never cared about it before.

Oh well, i'm not giving up adblock plus but at least I know the cause now.

0 Kudos
murbot
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, we installed security servers.

UPDATE:

The print page problem (thus far) appears related to adblock in Chrome. This is based on my testing and reports from others. I only use adblock in Chrome and Chrome's the only browser with the print page showing up. It's possible adblock on other browsers would cause the Print page there too.

However, none of the other browsers have been able to connect. They don't get the print page, but don't get a desktop either. Blank window.

NEW INFO:

A moment ago, we found one closed port that we thought was open. I'll test later today and post results.

Et al,

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
cmpoyner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Same issue in our environment.  Removing AdBlock Plus resolved the issue.  For fun we tried uBlock Origin and did not see the bad behavior.

0 Kudos