VMware Horizon Community
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Saving Window Size and Position

Is there anyway to save the size and position of windows using UEM. I'm getting asked to make sure outlook does, and I can't seem to find the registry keys and the prebuilt ones don't work. Outlook always start maximized. The users can resize, close it, and open it again and it stays where it needs to. After a logging out and back in again outlook starts maximized again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi sjesse,

From a very superficial test, it looks like Outlook saves its window positions in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Office Explorer@Frame. That is, if I close Outlook, rename that value, and start Outlook again, it starts maximized. If I then close Outlook, remove the newly created value and rename the old one back, the Outlook window appears the way it was originally.

That particular value should be captured if you're using the Outlook application template. Can you check whether the value does indeed make it correctly into the profile archive, and is correctly imported again at logon?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi sjesse,

From a very superficial test, it looks like Outlook saves its window positions in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Office Explorer@Frame. That is, if I close Outlook, rename that value, and start Outlook again, it starts maximized. If I then close Outlook, remove the newly created value and rename the old one back, the Outlook window appears the way it was originally.

That particular value should be captured if you're using the Outlook application template. Can you check whether the value does indeed make it correctly into the profile archive, and is correctly imported again at logon?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Thanks, it was in that location. We recently upgraded from office 2013 to 2016 an the new config files weren't being exported from what I saw. I redid the condition sets and after a few logouts it started to work.