VMware Performance Community
mca38
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Provisioning Validation FAILED

Hello.

I ran the command to start the provisioning process: java -jar tools/VMmark3Service.jar -c VMmark3.properties

and get the following error:

2018-03-27T15:20:42.368 [main] INFO  vCSc : Updated vmmark3-template-053117 to use NetworkLabel VM Network and verified connected state

2018-03-27T15:20:42.368 [main] ERROR MAIN : Provisioning Validation FAILED

2018-03-27T15:20:42.376 [main] ERROR MAIN : Exception Caught: Provisioning Validation FAILEDReview Log For Details : exitSetting true

2018-03-27T15:20:42.376 [main] INFO  MAIN : EmailString: VMmark3Service_v1.0.0 Finished

Summary::

/root/VMmark3/provisioning-output/vmmark3-output/

Provisioning Validation FAILED :: Error Detail (if applicable): Review Log For Details

Error Output:: Found 1 Errors

The output log records the same information and I increased debugging to 3. I've also attached the VMmark3.properties file and VMmark3-ProvisioningService.log file.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jamesz08
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The provisioning log shows that all the VMs for tile0 are already present in your cluster.  since you did not specify to provision more than one tile it is attempting to create tile0 again.  If you are trying to reprovision tile0 you need to delete the all of the VMs for tile0 first.  If you are trying to provision additional tiles you need to set the "ProvisioningNumTiles" variable in the properties file to a number greater than 1.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jamesz08
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The provisioning log shows that all the VMs for tile0 are already present in your cluster.  since you did not specify to provision more than one tile it is attempting to create tile0 again.  If you are trying to reprovision tile0 you need to delete the all of the VMs for tile0 first.  If you are trying to provision additional tiles you need to set the "ProvisioningNumTiles" variable in the properties file to a number greater than 1.

0 Kudos