VMware Cloud Community
leroyl
Contributor
Contributor

Support for vCloud Director 9.1

Any time frame when the update for Usage meter to support vCloud Director 9.1 will be released?

Also I would suggest to add vCloud Director and Usage Meter to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrix as currently when Usage Meter and VCD are selected nothing is displayed.

4 Replies
paluszekd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi leroyl, this will be coming shortly with a new update to Usage Meter. Hang tight as we are still working on the appropriate timelines. Thanks!

0 Kudos
andreaspa
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yeah, I noticed this as well today. Smiley Sad

Will the new version still require deployment of new appliance, or will it be a simple update? It's getting tiresome to have many variations of the appliance stored in backup systems due to VMware retention policies..

Auto updating definition files would be a kick ass feature; Support for new products as XML files, so you only need new appliance if serious stuff change or bugs are found

0 Kudos
PeterNed
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

HotPatch is coming today to enable metering of vCD 9.1. it will be in-place upgrade of existing UM 3.6.1. Check https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-download?downloadGroup=UMSV36  in few hrs.

paluszekd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, andreaspa - this will be a hot patch, so no need to deploy a new UM! However, you must be on 3.6.1 for this to work. Cheers.