VMware Horizon Community
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert

USB Redirection - Not Available

We have a number of users in a pool and everyone has redirection enabled but a couple users.  They get the message that redirection is not available for this desktop.  What causes one or two users to not have it available when their setup is identical t the next person??  This is happening for a couple of pools.  One instant clone and one linked clone.    Any help or suggestions are welcome.  Thanks

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
5 Replies
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please make sure the USB port 3211 is opened between Horizon client to view desktops. It will resolve the issues. Also verify the USB redirection option is enabled in the view Agent of master image. 

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It's 32111, not 3211. It's going to be one of these two.

1. If you are using direct connections the Horizon/zero/thin client needs to be able to talk to the Horizon Agent on TCP 32111.

2. If you are using tunneled connections then whatever is doing the tunneling (UAG/AP/security server/connection server) needs to be able to talk to the Horizon Agent on TCP 32111.

0 Kudos
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert

OK here is the ODD thing.  I can log into that computer and launch a view session and get USB redirection but i have a few people that cannot.  Same client computer different user doesn't work.  All other user in that Pool have client redirection working.  It appears to be something user specific and not sure how.  Thoughts?

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do you have any user overrides configured on the policies tab of the pool? Alternatively do you use Smart Policies with UEM? Either of those can enable/disable USB redirection on a per user basis.

0 Kudos
jmatz135
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm having a somewhat similar issue.  For me though the first login will have usb redirection unavailable, but if I disconnect and reconnect it then becomes available.  Obviously all the firewall settings are correct or it would fail on reconnect as well.

0 Kudos