VMware Cloud Community
raghushetty
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

During Turn On Fault Tolerance getting error!

Hey Guys,

During the FT enabling time for the VM is getting this below error what could be the issue.

"The requested operation is not implemented by the server"

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pwilk
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This error is not related to FT at all. Please check the following article and try to apply same steps in your environment.

https://www.vmwareinfo.com/2008/12/requested-operation-is-not-implemented.html?m=1

Cheers, Paul Wilk
0 Kudos
raghushetty
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey,

what document ur telling refer that is an outdated post. as we are so far from that..

virtual infrastructure client actually is the client that accesses the Virtual centre. When you have virtual centre installed you are able to build a remote connection to the server where you have it installed and then you can manage your virtual machines..

Im facing problem while proceeding with Ft turn on  to respective Virtual machine im getting this below error stating this message

but it could be an environmental issue too, but how? can you elaborate more!

the below error which IM getting on at FT turning on time FYI

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
VishShah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Welcome to communities,

The error indicates that we are missing something with minimum requirements, host compatibility with VC or hardware may not be supported for FT.

vCenter 6.5 can handle VMs on which legacy FT (FT Legacy FT) is already enabled but it is not possible to enable legacy FT on VMs hosted on ESXi 5.5 hosts by the incompatibility between FT on ESXi versions 4.x to 5.x and FT on ESXi 6.x versions as described in the VMware documentation URL  Validation Checks for Turning On Fault Tolerance  & Legacy Fault Tolerance

Source Document: How Fault Tolerance Works

Could you please check and review the basics and initial requirements before enabling the FT.

If this post helps to resolve your query please mark it as resolved. Let me know if you need additional information 'or' have any other questions that I can help with.

Regards Vishwajit Shah Skyline Support Moderator VCA-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCP6.0; 6.5-DCV & CMA | VCA-DBT | VCAP60-DCV
0 Kudos
basteku73
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I have the same issue. I have w few VM's protected by FT and of course when I enable this in vCenter, everything works fine. Disabling FT using Orchestrator also works fine, but there is a problem with enabling this using Orchestrator. So its not a problem with initial requirements.

Regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos